Capri electric bikes are a vehicle designed to last. The quality of their components and the durability of their materials (such as the CroMo steel frame and fork) make them particularly suited to withstand the urban pace and last over time.
However, like any other vehicle, your electric bike needs a minimum of maintenance and care. Always keep these 10 tips in mind and, if in doubt, contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can help you.
1. Regarding the assembly of your ebike when you receive it, it is important to point out that building an e-bike is easy if you are very familiar with bicycles, but many people are not and thats ok, but if you are uncomfortable with using tools, or do not have experience and knowledge of bicyles, we strongly recommend that you take it to a shop.
Starting a relationship with a local shop is a great first step in maintaining your e-bike, you'll get more years of worry free use, and feel more secure when you ride knowing that you already have a local mechanic that can help you with any unexpected issues.
2. Keep the bike clean and dry. Clean your bike regularly with mild soap and water and make sure you dry it thoroughly after each ride.
3. Check tyre pressure regularly. Keep tyres inflated to the manufacturer's recommended pressure, which will improve the efficiency of the bike and prolong the life of the tyres.
4. Check brakes frequently. Make sure your brakes are working properly before each ride.
5. Clean and lubricate the chain regularly. This helps reduce chain wear and prolongs the life of the drivetrain.
6. Check cables and electrical connections to make sure they are in good condition.
7. Tighten mudguards and other items such as racks, etc. frequently.
8. Check the battery regularly. If the electric bike will not be used for an extended period of time, be sure to charge the battery at least once a month.
9. Store the bike in a dry and safe place.
10. Check the light system regularly. Make sure the lights are working properly before each ride.